SAN FRANCISCO TRAVEL GUIDE: TOURIST DESTINATIONS
Happy Wednesday! I have lived in downtown San Francisco for ten years but I realized I have never done a Travel Guide on San Francisco. There is a lot to cover in San Francisco so this may be a multi-guide series! This travel guide will focus on the best tourist spots to hit in San Francisco. These all include iconic landmarks, viewpoints and unique building that define the San Francisco skyline. San Francisco is great for a weekend visit - so make sure to bookmark this guide for your next trip!
TOP SAN FRANCISCO TOURIST DESTINATION
San Franciso is famous for its steep hills and iconic landmarks. If you are planning a trip to San Francisco do not miss these top tourist destinations:
- GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE: Golden Gate Bridge is the most iconic landmark in San Francisco. It has 7 different viewing stations to take in this historic bridge. My personal favorite is to view the bridge from the Marin Headlands looking back into San Francisco.
- ADDRESS: Fort Point, Long Ave & Marine Dr, San Francisco, CA 94129
- CITY HALL: City Hall is not to be missed. Its located in the heart of the Civic Center across from the Opera House. It has a massive dome that can be seen from Alamo Square. Fun Fact: Marylin Monroe and Joe DiMaggio got married at this City Hall!
- Address: 1 Dr Carlton B Goodlett Pl, San Francisco, CA 94102
- PAINTED LADIES: The Painted Ladies in Alamo Square - or better known as the Full House Houses in the opening credits is a local favorite. Its a great area to hangout on the grass and take in views of downtown.
- Address: Steiner St & Hayes St, San Francisco, CA 94117
- SENTINEL BUILDING: The Sentinel Building, also known as Columbus Tower. This is a beautiful Flatiron building right on the border of North Beach. Its a well known San Francisco landmark building.
- Address: 916 Kearny St, San Francisco, CA 94133
- PALACE OF FINE ARTS: Palace of Fine Arts is one of my favorite locations to go on a sunny day. This is a beautiful piece of architecture in the Marina district. This landmark was originally created for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition.
- Address: 3301 Lyon St, San Francisco, CA 94123
- ALCATRAZ ISLAND: This island was previously a Federal Penitentiary and closed in 1963. You can book both day and night tours to the island. These tours always sell out - make sure to book in advance so there are tickets available.
- Address: San Francisco, CA 94133
- FERRY TERMINAL: The Ferry Terminal is a fun landmark to visit that has a taste of some of the best shops and services of San Francisco. It has a whole marketplace with different shops and services to try. The SF Ferry terminal is also known for their Farmers Markets which are hosted Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Address: One Ferry Building #50, San Francisco, CA 94111
- TRANSAMERICA BUILDING: The TransAmerica building was the tallest building in San Francisco, until the Salesforce tower was built - now its the 2nd tallest. This building is seen from all viewpoints across San Francisco and really defines the skyline of the city. They have a visitors center and gift shop - but this is an office building.
- Address: 600 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111
- FISHERMANS WHARF: Pier 39 down by Fishermans Wharf is the perfect way to spend the afternoon. You can see the sea lions playing and window shop along all the stores. They also have an In-N-Out down there! This area is always quite packed!
- Address: Beach St & The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94133
What do you think of my list? Did I miss anything key??
Any request for my next San Francisco Guide? Things To Do? Restaurants? Spas?
Tell me below!↓