I am sharing 6 Tips on Starting to Workout, especially when you have been out of the gym for awhile. Most people who know me – know that I am not a huge fan of working out. But ever since I have taken a new direction with my life and career (which I promise I will be blogging about soon – I am still figuring out the best way to update you all on my life changes.) I have been focused on taking better care of myself and making sure I am becoming more active.
With me – that first step to getting back into working out starts with the outfit! I know – but if I am going to the gym and going to sweat it out – I need to look cute. And with the rise of the athleisure trend, there are quite a few brands that make it easy to look stylish while keeping fit. Body Language Sportswear is an activewear brand that is absolutely helping me keep my fitness motivation. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite brands with their sleek designs!
SHOP —> Gilt also has a ton of their workout stuff on sale!
6 TIPS TO START WORKING OUT:
- Just Do It! The hardest part about working out is getting started! Whether you like to work out in the morning or after work – make sure you are making it a priority.
- Find a Buddy! Working out is always easier when you have someone to help motivate and push you to go for that next rep. It also helps if you can fit in both friend catch up/workout session at that same time.
- Stretch Before! Always stretch before doing any exercise. Stretching helps loosens up your joints and improves blood flow as you put pressure on your muscles.
- Mix It Up! Always vary your workout so you do not get bored! I alternate between 2-3 mile runs/walks and doing weight training. It also helps your body from becoming to use to a standard routine.
- 20-30 Mins! A 20-30 minute workout is better than nothing at all. Many people think they need to commit an hour or two to the gym – but you can have a great impact on your body by lifting weights for 30 mins.
- Be Stylish while Sweaty! While I am a big fan of looking put together – I am not willing to sacrifice my comfort for style. The workout clothes you pick need to fit well and something you are comfortable sweating in. Pay attention to fabric and fit when picking your activewear.
Other resources I turn to to help me from letting my workouts become stale is the Tone It Up Girls. They post daily workouts and video that you can follow along. The best part is a lot of their workouts and training are easy to do at home – no gym required. I will be sharing more fitness motivation, my favorite activewear brands and workouts to-do at home moving forward. Share your favorite fitness tips or workouts in the comments below! Let me know if you want me to cover anything fitness-wise?
SHOP BODY LANGUAGE
Star Cropped Hoodie, Body Language Sports leggings, Nike Hat, Nike Running Shoe , similar sports bra: here, Body Language workout top
Looking good Wit
Keep it up girl
Mixing it up and finding a buddy is what works so well for me, too. When I have friends to keep me accountable (and I keep them accountable too!) …it just works better for everyone 🙂 I love gym classes and various instructors for mixing things up. Even in my “boring” running training sessions…I have to mix up my workouts each day so I’m not just doing the same old pace or route. Sometimes it’s hills, speedwork, or long runs. And I try to throw in yoga or strength training for change of pace 🙂
Nice workout outfits, the pants looks really good
Love these tips! I need to tattoo this on my forehead!
I love all your styles! When I work out I’m lucky enough to put on pants ? But your outfits are cute!
I love the layering of this look. The pants are awesome.
These are some great tips! I work out 3 times a week by running/light weights but sometimes I need some motivation to get going. A cute outfit doesn’t hurt either!
Great tips! I really like the blue top. It looks comfy and you look great with the outfits.
Such great tips! I think motivation is something we all struggle with.
These look fab! Thanks for sharing details!
“Just Do It” is the biggest point I think. We can all talk about the best way to do anything, but if you never get off you butt to do it its meaningless. BTW, great outfit and photos!
Having a work out buddy is definitely one of the most encouraging method for me as I usually tend to think and not do. And my bf being my work out buddy helps me do the job even if I don’t want to!